Monday, March 19, 2012

Why does God?

This subject came up in Seminary the other day about, "Does God really love his children?"  "Does he really care for us?" "Sense we believe in him, why does so many horrible things happen throughout the world?" "How can we tell if he's real?"
And, my Seminary teacher pointed out these scriptures.

If you're ever asked "How do you know if God is real?"

Answer with this;

Jacob 2 34: 2

" O all yea that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."


If you're ever asked. "Then why does he make other suffer so much?"

Answer with this;

1 Nephi 11: 17

"I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."

This will help you greatly. Especially if you ever plan to go on a mission.

"If w don't have the word of God or don't cling to and heed the word of God, we will wander off in strange paths and be lost as individuals, as families, and as nations." ~Rober D. Hales

:Ensign Nov. 2006

The reason I now post this is because there is a person I follow on YouTube and I have gained much respect for him, and I've tried to help him get past with many problems in his life. I've followed him ever sense 2008. Loved his videos dearly. But, today he posted a video "Scientifically Proving that God isn't real." This greatly disturbed me. And this is hence, why I made this post. If you ever come across someone that asks you these questions, or something similar to these. Answer with these if you don't know how else to answer.

All the best!

Kind Regards,

~Stein

No comments:

Post a Comment